Saturday, January 19, 2013

Magician of the Net

This week I have become the magician of the Internet searching strategies and instruments due to Noodletools  and Technology Tip of the Month by Deborah Healey (maybe it's not true, but I feel so and don't think it's a joke!). But the best outcome of the second week for me is ABCDobjectives. It really helps to understand the destination our teaching ship is going to. Besides my regular work in Sevastopol Institute of banking I have a part-time job in Yalta University of Humanities where I teach Methods of Teaching English for prospective English language teachers. At last I have understood how to teach my students the most safe and precise way of writing Learning Objectives. And as for the "Bloom's Taxonomy Blooms Digitally", the resources mentioned as additional should become desk books for everybody of us.

University of Oregon, thank you greatly for that.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Natalia. I completely agree with you when you say that the ABCD method for writing objectives is very useful. It helps us,as educators, to write simple, precise, and effective objectives which saves time and, I think, motivates students as well because they can see that they are learning.

    I did not know about it although I am familiar with Bloom´s Taxonomy. However, this way of writing objectives is extremely useful.

    Well,I hope everything is fine in Ukraine and I wish you an excellent week.

    Regards from paradise!

    Hector Alvarado P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Natalia and Hector,

    Indeed, I sort of felt a little lost and, at the same time, a bit of "a magician" this week, while surfing the ocean of teaching strategies and methods offered by NoodleTools and other search engines.

    Furthermore, the ABCD method also came to me as a pleasant surprise. It's been refreshing to read about it in detail, although I must confess I had heard of it during my faculty years. Maybe not under the same name, i.e. the ABCD Objective, even though I'm quite sure that the professor mentioned 'Bloom's taxonomy' when introducing us to the criteria that a learning objective must meet in order to be valid.

    Therefore, I agree with you Natalia, that it brings clarity to what a student is required while accomplishing a certain activity, helping them catch sight of the "destination" as you call it so well, and in addition, I support Hector's statement that such an objective is both effective and motivating.

    My best wishes,
    Alina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nataliia!

    I really like the term 'magician of the Internet searching strategies' you used and congratulations on your success!
    I wish I could say the same for myself, but I am still striving to familiarize with all these new things in the Wonderland of Websearch.
    I share your opinion about the ABCD objectives and I really think they can help us evaluate and improve our teaching strategies.

    Kind regards,
    Izela

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to become a magician Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete