Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week 10

The last and finish reflective post. First of all, I’d like to thank my classmates for participating in this course with me, collaborating, sharing ideas and experiences, helping, encouraging each other, giving advice, …
Secondly, I am very grateful to Courtney, our instructor, for her professionalism, skillful coordination, patience and help.
And now about my whole experience of participating in the course, which I consider to be one of the best experiences in my teaching career.
My personal outcomes of the course are great – a lot of new friends, colleagues, experiences, knowledge, ideas, a full teaching toolkit, a “bank” of activities (mine and my classmates’) and what is more, inspiration to implement technology into my ESL classroom.
As a result of this inspiration, I have created Self Access Language Center (SALC) for my students, where they can work autonomously in order to improve their language skills. It is still under the construction as I am working on its content now and I can see a very long way ahead, but nevertheless, I would appreciate any comments, suggestions how to improve it, what else to add.
I’d like to say some words about our final project as well. It was very useful experience to choose technology appropriate to the problem to solve. And I’d like to suggest future participants not to try implementing all the tools into the project. The more is the better is not a very good principle when to talk about using technology.
My best and most useful for me weeks were 2 (new searching strategies and writing ABCD objectives), 5 (creating rubrics), 6 (implementing final project), 7 (meeting new service Wallwisher), 9 (using technology for MI), and all others.
And I can’t say that I like very much week 10, as we are parting now, but I hope we are smart enough now to find appropriate tools to stay in touch with each other.
Thank you very much and with hope for further collaboration, Nataliia

3 comments:

  1. Dear Nataliia,

    What a wonderful summative post you have provided! It can be very inspirational to all future participants in this webskills course. You have really achieved a lot and I congratulate you on your overall success! I have seen your crowning undertaking in the course - your Self Access Language Center. Great job you did! I admire your IT level and creativity. I am sure that your students will enjoy in autonomous learning using your SALC.

    Thanks a million for all your contributions and support! I am lucky to have met you and collaborated with you in this virtual webskills world!

    Hopefully, we will stay in touch!

    Best wishes!

    Izela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Natalia,
    I so much impressed with your Self Access Language Center. I tried and it works well. Can I suggest my students the link?
    It was Pleasure to work with you and learn from you.
    I hope we will stay in contact.
    With the best regards,
    Saida Nuritdinova

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nataliia,

    You've been a tech-wizard who has enthusiastically created innovative Web-based tasks, and shared your insight with us during these weeks. I have benefitted from your contribution to the course. Thanks a lot.

    Tahsina

    ReplyDelete