Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 5

Equator! We have successfully completed the first half of our course. And personally I am very pleased with my own progress and thankful for my classmates for sharing their progress with me.

As for reading materials, being a devoted TBL teacher, I have found them priceless. I always try to incorporate projects (with technologies or without them) into my classroom. And really can see a great outcome. The article about alternative assessment made me think about using different kinds of students performance beside TBL. 

As for our weekly task, the resource Rubistar is extremely helpful, interesting, fantastic, great, useful, actual, necessary, ... I have prepared several rubrics and I am going to do a lot more. Last term my students completed on a project Famous IT people. The task was: working in mini-groups of 4-5, choose a person from the IT world and design a website about him/her (biography, his/her input into IT progress), write an essay about this person proving the group choice and publish the essay on the main page of the website.

I must admit that assessment was my weak point while working on the project. When I work on the project with the other students next year, I'll use rubrics I have just prepared with Rubistar.

My rubrics for students' website can be found here.

And now about the next step on the way to completing our final project. I have invented a great deal and am working hard to implement it into the classroom. 

Dear classmates, I appreciate greatly your readiness to help me and would be glade to help you if you need. Hope, our students will like on-line reading and collaborating. 

Regards, Nataliia.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Nataliia,
    I like the way you write your reflections. Week 5 is no different from your other posts. I am sure our students will be happy to have on-line reading and collaboration as I belive, students in general are thirsty for the new things in their classrooms.
    Best,
    Hülya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Nataliia,

    I went through your project document on the link you shared and brought my suggestions.
    You have already completed a very great achievement in this document.It is easy to follow, original and wonderful.

    Best Regards,
    Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Nataliia,
    I am sorry you did not see my suggestions. I am going to give it to you here step after step:
    STEP 2:
    Guidelines in regards to the information to include in one’s introduction.
    STEP 3:
    Prepare a word version of the text to read and comprehension exercises.
    STEP 4:
    Set up a template for writing about like and dislike and sample if possible.
    STEP 5:
    Define length of feedback writing with precision. E.g. do not exceed 200 words

    Recommendations
    Rubrics or any guidelines that provides students with characteristic of discussions and writing will be a plus to the work quality.

    PLEASE RECEIVE MY COMPLETE SUPPORT AND CONGRATULATION IN ADVANCE.

    Warmest Regards,
    Mariam

    ReplyDelete